When talking about the keys to success in small business one topic that seldom comes up is “peace.” In coaching success, peace is the one thing my clients value above all else.
Keys To Success: What Is Peace?
Peace can mean many things. It could be a longing for predictability or stability. It could be in having a process for doing business that minimizes breakdowns for both the business and its customers.
One thing is for sure. Peace comes from order. Distress or lack of peace comes from disorder. Now, to have small business growth and small business success there must be some disorder.
After all, the only path to growth is to change. And, change by its very nature represents disorder. Whether you are starting up your own business or running a small business there needs to be growth and change. There needs to be some disorder.
Keys To Success: Know What Is Causing You Distress
You would like to have peace but maybe you are in one of the following situations:
- Your business is growing yet you feel like you are losing control.
- You are profitable or extremely profitable but you are unhappy doing what you do.
- You are not generating the sales or profits you would like and feel lost.
- Your business is good but you can’t seem to hire the right people.
- You find yourself with no energy at the end of the day and not looking forward to tomorrow.
- You are having personal problems. You end up focusing even more on your business but the reality is that with the increased focus you are seeking more escape and not addressing the problems.
When the self-employed business owner doesn’t find peace it is because they are distracted. And, too many distractions can cause too many detours and bring progress to a stop.
Keys To Success: Visualize Peace
In the next post I will discuss what peace is and what peace is not. Also, I will give you some insights in how to create peace in your business and life. Give some thoughts to what peace is for you.
Visualize what it would look like. One of the keys to success is to remember what Napoleon Hill said, “What the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve.”
Keys to success, success planning, small business growth, small business success, personal business coach, business coach, coaching success, peace, distress, manage, expectations, self-employed business owner, business owner, entrepreneur, solo professional, status quo, success planning, marketing business plan, running a small business, starting your own business